Crosswalk Angel - Peachtree
Crosswalk Angels support Atlanta Streets Alive by making sure all participants are following the rules of the road, as well as by answering any questions they may have about the route or activities. Crosswalk Angels are strategically placed along the route at main pedestrian crossing points to aid participants in getting across the route safely. Duties may include the following:
- Maintain position at designated pedestrian crossing point
- Aid participants in crossing the route safely where cars are able to cross
- Provide overall event information (i.e. times, what is ASA, why, how, etc.)
- Help guide ASA participants to key areas of the event (i.e. restrooms, water stations)
- Ensure participants are following the rules of the road and reminding them that the streets don’t belong to bikes or to skateboards or to pedestrians. They belong to EVERYONE.
We'll provide flags, vest, signs and foam stop hands.
- Minimum Age: 16
- Knowledge: Familiarity with area cross streets, businesses and Atlanta Streets Alive
- Orientation: Strongly encouraged; required for Lead Crosswalk Angel role
- Shifts: Noon - 4:00pm or 3:30 - 7:00pm; event entirety, noon - 7:00pm required for Lead Crosswalk Angel role
Ready to become a Crosswalk Angel for Atlanta Streets Alive? Sign up for a shift below.